Confidentiality, Privacy & Security
EFAP adheres to the standards and regulations of the Freedom of Information, Privacy, and Protection Act that governs Canadian health care.
Some of the ways we protect your privacy and confidentiality include:
- Adhering to strict confidentiality policies when dealing with clients and client information.
- Situating offices in busy, mixed-purpose buildings.
- Offering private waiting rooms and a separate entrance and exit where we have multiple counsellors.
- Staggering appointment times to prevent our clients from bumping into each other.
- Operating all computers on a separate server and not networking with any outside system. Access is restricted to within the program.
- Sharing only non-identifying statistics